ALABAMA LEADING THE UNITED STATES IN HEMP EDUCATION
THE PURPOSE OF THE AHGPA IS TO:
Create and support a vibrant, profitable, and also localized hemp industry in the United States providing;
- Healthy foods and food supplements,
- Sustainable, biodegradable, plant based products and
- Environmental benefits for now and future generations.
HOW WILL AHGPA ACHIEVE ITS GOALS?:
Engaging with regulators and various government bodies to develop a strong and responsible industry.
Promoting a high level of standards and procedures for a transparent infrastructure and supply chain.
Bridging the gap between academic institutions, industry and sustainable funding to drive innovation and solve global challenges.
Lobby to re-designate the whole industrial hemp plant as an agricultural crop.
- Continue to contribute in the local and national government consultation on ‘The Future for Food, Farming and the environment,’ and promote the inclusion of hemp farming to qualify for agricultural and environmental subsidies
- Lobby for farmers to be permitted to use industrial hemp seeds currently not listed on the U.S. seeds list which are more suited for the southern climate
- Lobby for fair competition in the hemp industry
- Align with other hemp associations globally
- Organize events for hemp enterprises
- Encourage companies to invest in R&D for environmentally responsible hemp products, for example bio plastics
- Provide an information resource
- Promote and participate in education projects
- Promote the use of hemp construction materials
- Promote the use of high protein hemp seeds in the food sector
- Provide information on best practice when selling health promoting hemp CBD supplements
- Keep government, businesses and hemp enthusiasts informed via our newsletters and social media.